What is Pre- Master’s?
A Pre-Masters is for international students who didn’t meet the direct entry requirements for Master’s at a university. This could be because of the grades achieved in students’ undergraduate degree. Also, your current qualifications are not equivalent to a UK undergraduate degree. So students need to take short course in order to improve their English, develop research, academic writing and seminar skills ahead of Master’s degree.
Courses range in length from 3 months to 6 months that provide grounding for successful postgraduate study at a university. The length of the Pre-Master’s depends on students’ level of English ability. For a typical two-semester Pre-Masters, a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 is required.
Why study Pre-Master?
- Pre-Master’s will equip students with the advanced skills that is need to complete postgraduate study.
- They will learn about academic study skills and language skills to prepare them for postgraduate success.
- Students will be able to receive specialist support from experienced tutors
- They will be familiar with UK culture and their education system.
- Able to attend smaller, attentive class sizes to facilitate efficient learning
- Enjoy university life from day 1 and access their facilities
Some Top universities to study Premaster’s:
- University of Aberdeen
- Bangor University
- University of the Creative Arts
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- Coventry University
- De Montfort University
- University of Dundee
- University of Greenwich
- Northumbria University
- Royal Holloway University of London
- University of Huddersfield Ulster University Birmingham & London