Studying for an MBA can improve your business knowledge as well as increase your chance of a promotion. MBAs are a Masters-level qualification, but universities usually recommend three years of practical business experience before applying. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) Survey 2022 found that 92% of corporate recruiters expect to hire MBA graduates, and 87% of them are either highly confident (36%) or confident (52%) that business schools are adequately preparing students for success in their organisations.
Types of MBA
- General MBA – takes one year to complete and is undertaken after gaining three years of business experience. You’ll upgrade your knowledge and practical skills to become an integral employee to your company.
- Executive MBA (EMBA) – for those more experienced in business and who want to progress further up the ladder. As a result, this often costs more and allows for part time/weekend study.
- Distance learning/online MBA – if you choose to study online everything will be done virtually, whereas a distance learning MBA will involve some in-person contact.
- MBA without work experience – learn the foundations of business communication and managerial skills without needing the mandatory three years’ experience. This is a good way to get into an entry-level or middle management role.
Consider taking an MBA when you feel you’re ready to take the next step in your career, whether that means progressing with your current employer or moving elsewhere.
Executive MBAs are generally studied by more senior managers and the minimum required level of experience can be 5-10 years.
How much does it cost?
For international students, a full-time MBA can cost anywhere between £14,250 – £100,000 depending on the university. For example, the full-time MBA at the University of Chester costs £14,250. There are scholarships you can apply for to help with your fees.
Advantages of pursuing a MBA in UK
- A globally recognized degree that is valued by employers all over the world
- Option to take Internship/Work Placement along with the course to get practical experience
- Improve your people skills
- Opportunity to grow your professional network
- Increases your credibility and stand out from other job candidates
Students can enjoy a range of career options. These include:-
- Management Analyst/Consultant
- Financial Manager
- HR Manager
- Relationship Manager
- IT Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Operations Manager
Few Top Universities in UK that offer MBA
- Brunel University London
- Coventry University
- University of Greenwich
- University of Northampton
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Portsmouth
- De Montfort University
- University of Westminster