Placements create a mutually beneficial partnership between business and student, by broadening students understanding of job opportunities, and helping to create the work-ready graduates of future workforce. In today’s highly competitive labor market and a growing demand among employers for practical skills make work placements an invaluable part of a postgraduate degree.
To meet this growing demand for practical skills, the University of Greenwich has launched ten two-year courses in engineering and science that combine academic study on campus with a year of industrial practice.
Courses Offering Placement Options
- MSc Applied Food Safety and Quality Management with Industrial Practice
This two-year Master’s in Applied Food Safety & Quality Management with Industrial Practice is ideal for graduates who are looking for managerial roles in the food industry.
- MSc Civil Engineering with Industrial Practice
This MSc in Civil Engineering with Industrial Practice is ideal for graduates looking to advance their career prospects in engineering and the construction industry.
- MSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Industrial Practice
Our MSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Industrial Practice is ideal for forward-thinking graduates seeking career development in manufacturing or engineering management.
- MSc Electrical Power Engineering with Industrial Practice
Our Master’s in Electrical Power Engineering with Industrial Practice will suit engineering and technology graduates looking for careers in electrical power engineering at professional level.
- MSc Engineering Management with Industrial Practice
Extend and develop your engineering and technology skills and gain solid management experience with this two-year MSc Engineering Management with an industrial placement.
- MSc Food Innovation with Industrial Practice
Our two-year Master’s in Food Innovation with Industrial Practice will suit graduates who are looking for careers developing safe and sustainable food within the supply chain.
- MSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering with Industrial Practice
Our MSc in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering with Industrial Practice is ideal for graduates who want to develop into commercially smart, creative, professional engineers.
- MSc Pharmaceutical Sciences with Industrial Practice
Develop the enhanced skills needed to succeed in the pharmaceutical research, development and manufacturing industries with this MSc Pharmaceutical Sciences with Industrial Practice.
- MSc Water, Waste and Environmental Engineering with Industrial Practice
Our Master’s in Water, Waste and Environmental Engineering with Industrial Practice is ideal for graduates seeking roles in sectors such as water resource engineering and waste management.
How it works
- These two-year awards give students the opportunity to gain practical experience with a company of their choice, either in the UK or overseas.
- The courses combine specialized knowledge in the first year with a chance to put this into practice in year two.
- Students will also gain exposure to varied tasks and responsibilities required in the workplace, which helps you emerge more prepared for the world of work and your future career.
- While students are responsible for securing a placement, we work with a partner organization that specializes in helping you source placements. Our science and engineering employability team is also on hand to provide support and guidance.
Campus for the courses
The courses are based at the University’s Medway Campus in Kent, where students have access to industry-standard equipment and 3,000m2 of specialist laboratory space. An attractive red-brick campus, Medway is a few minutes’ walk away from a shopping mall with a multiscreen cinema, bars and restaurants, and only a 40-minute train journey from London.