If your college or university is outside Greater London but you live in a London borough during term time and travel regularly, ask your college or university if they’re registered on the 18+ Student Oyster photocard scheme. You can save 30% on adult-rate Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets. Also, you can also use this Oyster card to pay as you go but you won’t receive the 30% discount.
Steps to apply:
You apply online once you’ve enrolled with your college or university.
You need to provide:
- Active email address
- Student enrolment ID from your college or university
- London borough address
- Digital photo which must be a .jpg, .bmp or .gif file and less than 6MB
You pay an administration fee of £20 using a credit or debit card.
You can get a photocard valid for up to three years of your course.
We’ll post your 18+ Student Oyster photocard to you once your school, college or university has approved your application.
Check your application status:
- Sign in to your photocard web account
- If you gave us your mobile number when you applied, we’ll text you when your photocard is on its way
How to use and where to buy:
Once you get your 18+ Student Oyster photocard, sign in to your photocard web account to:
- Buy discounted Travelcards
- Buy discounted Bus & Tram Pass season tickets
- Add pay as you go credit – you don’t get discounted pay as you go fares
You can also buy discounted Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets at Oyster Ticket Stops, Tube stations and Visitor Centres. You can buy discounted Travelcards at some National Rail stations.
Your 18+ Student Oyster photocard expires when your course ends.