By choosing DMU, you will be part of a creative and passionate student community that is inspired to make the most of the opportunities surrounding them. The university pride themselves on combining teaching excellence with world leading research and close links to businesses with over 170 courses accredited by professional bodies.
Encouraging its students to develop their entrepreneurial flair, more than 100 new businesses are started by its own students each year, while Frontrunners – DMU’s campus-based placement scheme – allows current students to apply for a variety of work placements within the university, putting lecture theatre learning into practice at the workplace.
What is so special about DMU?
- Special no1: Students love our campus! DMU is a campus where all facilities are in one spot right in the city centre. And to satisfy over 25,000 ambitious students it is important to offer a motivating environment. This is what DMU does best! We have invested over 136 million UK Pounds to create “the Campus of the Future”.
- Special no2: DMU has been ranked Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). This is a scheme introduced by the UK government to measure the quality of teaching, learning environment and student outcome at Higher Education Institutions.
- Special no3: DMU is ranked amongst the top 25 universities in the country (out of 130) for employability. Over 96.7% of our students are in full-time employment or in further studies after graduating.
- 122nd in the Times University Guide 2023
- 120th in the Guardian University Guide 2023
De Montfort University has 13 National Teaching Fellows, the second highest number in the UK for this prestigious teaching award. The University is renowned for its innovative teaching and research in unique subjects such as contour fashion and footwear design, which are only studied at a handful of other institutions in the world.
More than 60 per cent of research at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) has been judged as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
DMU is a big university hosting over 25,000 students. We have over 400 degree programmes spread over 4 faculties.
- Art, Design & Humanities
- Business & Law
- Health & Life Sciences